Reduction of volatile organic substances
Volatile organic components (VOCs) such as solvents, chlorinated or fluorinated hydrocarbons, mineral oil derivatives, and many others are found in the exhaust gas streams of many different production plants and technical processes:
- Paint and solvent processing industry
- Chemical and petrochemical industry
- Wastewater treatment plants and pumping stations
- Food industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Wood and paper industry
- Remediation of contaminated sites with soil air extraction
- Animal farming and feedlot
The implementation of the 31st Federal Immission Control Ordinance (BImSchV) with the help of the VOC Directive provides, among other things, that emission-relevant companies must comply with all the requirements of the Ordinance and operate a suitable exhaust air purification system since October 31, 2007.
Depending on the definition and relevance, limit values of 20, 50, or 100mg C/m3 in the purified exhaust air flow must be permanently guaranteed for industry by effective exhaust air purification.
uviblox® FOX technology offers a cost-effective and reliable method of exhaust air purification in order to comply with the legal limits and the requirements of the local authorities. The irradiation with UV light used during the exhaust air purification leads to photo-oxidation of organic substances, as a result of which they are converted and disposed of (reference or link to UV photo-oxidation process). The patented uviblox® air purification process represents a particularly cost-effective and low-maintenance alternative to conventional air treatment processes.
Common organic pollutants that can be treated with the effective exhaust air purification of uviblox® FOX technology include the following:
- Organic solvents (MEK, MIBK, isopropanols, hexanes, BTEX, CHC, etc.)
- Mineral oil derivatives (alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, alcohols, ketones, aldehydes, carboxylic acids, etc.)
- Benzene, Toluene, Ethylbenzene, and Xylene (BTX)
- Polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), phenols
- Tar products (pyridines)
- Nitrated hydrocarbons
- Fluorochlorohydrocarbons (CFCs)
- Endocrine substances (antibiotics, cytostatics, etc.)
The uviblox exhaust air purification systems are planned, drawn, and individually adapted to the local conditions by our design engineers in 3D.
The exhaust air purification systems are manufactured in our in-house workshop. In addition to commissioning by our service technicians and engineers, we offer further training and seminars for your operating personnel.